Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Spa of Tea

When Amy and I visited Japan in 2004, we spent a pleasant evening in the resort town of Hakone, in the mountains near Tokyo. While there, I visited a Japanese-style public bath (which was surprisingly shallow -- it was apparently meant for shorter men than I). We did not, however, stay at this place, Yunessun (though I believe we may have visited it for dinner). This combination resort and water park has an astounding variety of spas -- including, according to the Website, a sake spa, a green tea spa, a wine spa, and a coffee spa! I wonder what they drink there . . . .

5 comments:

Donald Burr of Borg said...

Huh, I'm confused, I thought we all ate dinner at that Italian restaurant in the mall thingy across the street from the hotel?

Danny Barer said...

I believe the mall thingy with the Italian restaurant was the Yunesson Spa -- or at least connected with it. My evidence is the souvenir pen I bought at the gift shop there -- which is a Yunesson pen, with Yunesson's line of mascot "box" people.

Danny Barer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donald Burr of Borg said...

Ah yes, I see Yunesson prominently displayed in several of my pictures from the place.

Donald Burr of Borg said...

BTW I've moved the Japan pictures (both mine and Pam's) onto Flickr:

http://flickr.com/photos/dburr/sets/
72157594513546553/