Monday, March 05, 2007

Lemme Eat Fries, with My Burger in the Sun

This morning, I heard a radio commercial for the latest Wendy's Old-Fashi0ned Hamburger's monstrosity (something like mozzarella lover's heart attack on a bun) accompanied by the instrumental bridge from "Blister in the Sun" by Violent Femmes.

This has to be the most appropriate pairing of product and anthem since the cruise line commercials started using "Lust for Life." After all, what's more appropo for a family outing to Wendy's than:

"When I'm walkin'
I strut my stu-uff
And I'm so strung owwwwt
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop to check you out."

Not to mention the appetizing pictures conjured by:

"Body and beats
I stain my sheets
I don't even know why.
My girlfrie-end
She's at the end
She is starting to cry."

Has somebody told the Wendy's folks that junkies don't eat lots of burgers?

No comments: