Saturday, April 14, 2007

Wi-Fi Watering Holes: Java Man

I had a surprise lunch today with two friends who were in the neighborhood and decided to kidnap me for a nosh. I mentioned that I planned to go to a WFWH in the South Bay today; and they referred me to Java Man Coffee House in Hermosa Beach. It's within a short walk of the beach (which would be even better on a day that isn't as cloudy as today); and is ensconsed in a homey-looking green house-like diner on Pier Avenue, with lots of bumper to curb parking in front. (Alas, it's meteredand limited to three hours; and the restrictions are enforced until 10 pm.) The free wi-fi is courtesy of the City of Hermosa Beach, which has blanketed the area near the ocean with wireless Internet. The drink menu is large, and the cappucinos are pretty good.

My friends were concerned that if I reviewed this place I'd "give away the secret." Judging by how packed the joint is on this Saturday afternoon, I don't think there's a secret to give away.

No comments: