Thursday, February 08, 2007

Write! Write! You Bloody Well Write!

Somewhere amongst our various family blogs, it was said that the family businesses are writing, the law, and scrap metal.

Well, I never worked out with the scrap metal thing. But I've done okay with the law; and now I'm doing a bit with the writing stuff. I revised eight chapters of this thirteen-chapter work.

Unlike my cousins' books, this one is unlikely to show up on any bestsellers' lists; be reviewed in the Washington Post; produce any signing parties on the second floor of the Westwood Borders; or even be analogized to fanfiction. But it does have the distinction of being one of the most expensive books written by a family member (although Burl Barer's scholarly works on The Saint may come close). Further, it may get cited to me by one of my opponents on a case.

I wrote a good chunk of this on our September vacation to Kauai, while Amy sewed. (Good thing our condo had broadband.) In fact, I worked on it just a few hours after breaking my wrist; and finished my draft with my wrist in a splint. My inspiration was my cousin Lee, who wrote at least one novel with both arms broken. (Lee, not the novel.) The deadline was a stirring inspiration too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COOL! Congrats! And let me give you some hope...nobody thought our book would be a best-seller! There is hope! You might end up on The View! Or maybe you could be an expert on the Nancy Grace show. You just never know what will happen.