Saturday, September 13, 2008

iPod-icide

My video iPod has given me great joy and diversion in the two-and-a-half years I've owned it. This past week, Apple revealed its new line of iPod Nanos and Touches. Almost on cue, my iPod began producing the "click of death" and the sad iPod logo when I turned it on. (Were I a conspiracy theorist . . . .)

Today I brought it to the "Genius Bar" of the Century City Apple Store (right after I donated blood, thereby hopefully making a deposit in my karma account). After I waited about a half hour past my appointment time, the genius who waited on me confirmed that the hard drive was fried. He gave me the choice of paying $59 for a refurbished iPod of the same model (with no guarantee of how long that one would last, past the 90 day warranty), or 10% off a new iPod. I chose the latter; but alas the store did not have the 16 gig Nano in stock yet. The store employee who informed me apologized that I would be without music until it came into stock. I suppose I'll just have to follow the music within.

No comments: