Friday, June 15, 2007

A Class Act

Graphic novelist Colleen Doran is, beyond doubt, a classy purveyor of panelology. After purchasing the first three compilations of her signature series, A DISTANT SOIL, in signed-and-numbered hardbound editions, I was having trouble getting the fourth. Amazon.com was selling it; but I tried ordering it twice from the mouth of that mighty river, and got dammed both times -- they sent me library editions instead of the signed/numbered ones. I whined about my plight to Colleen; and she dug into her limited stash of s/n editions, invited me to send my library edition to her, and exchanged it for one that had the signature, the numbering, the art print, and the certificate of authenticity. That is truly going above and beyond the duties of an author. (Plus, on her blog she has photos of herself carrying a chainsaw.) Please buy all the books by her that you can.

No comments: