Wednesday, January 07, 2009

What I Did During New Years' Weekend

I attended Anime Los Angeles, held at the Airport Marriott. This turned out to be an excellent location; the con didn't have the space problems previous Anime LA cons have had.

Some things about this con were similar to previous Anime LA's. Our friends from out of state attended, and even stayed with us the night before the con. Other friends were there too.

What was different was that, for the first time, I decided to join in the fun and attend in costume one day. One of the trends in costuming is "steampunk" -- Jules Verne style costumes that postulate some form of advanced technology in the 19th or early 20th century eras. For some reason, that appealed to me. Hence, the costume -- which, with the exception of the bowler and the walking stick (both of which I acquired at the con) all came out of my closet.

More photos later.

No comments: