Sunday, September 17, 2006

Kauai Getaway

It's vacation time, and yesterday Amy and I flew to Kauai. I've visited here once before, in 1994, and I've visited the Big Island and Maui in past vacations, but this is the first time I've visited Kauai with Amy. We're staying at the Pono Kai resort in Kapaa.

Since were up late Friday night packing, we only got a few hours of sleep before the taxi came Saturday morning. Amy got a nice nap on the plane, but I've never been good at sleeping on planes, so I inhaled an entertaining novel from Hard Case Crime, BUST, by Ken Bruen and Jason Starr. Ah, the joy of reading about bad people doing ill-advised deeds and suffering the consequences.

Once we got to the resort, we had lunch at the Olympic Cafe and ice cream at Beezer's. We paid the ritual visit to the ABC store, and browsed an art gallery. Then we came back to our room and laid down for a short nap. Six hours later, we woke up, watched some anime on the Cartoon Network, and went back to sleep.

This morning I took a 7 am stroll on the beach, where I shot these photos. We then went to the activity hard-sell -- er, orientation, and signed up for stuff to do for the week. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Linda Woods said...

Your photos are gorgeous! I am glad you guys had fun despite the injuries.