Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Vault of Warner

WBshop.com - The Official Online Store of Warner Bros. Studios: Warner Archive

Warner Brothers has come up with a terrific way to give those interested in their classic films a way to see ones that have not yet been released on DVD. You can peruse titles from their archives; and if you see a title you like, you can order a DVD of it. Warners will then produce a single-copy DVD for you. No extras, and the company probably won't do anything to clean up the picture (although digital masters are used for the DVDs), but you'll have it.

I ordered DOC SAVAGE: THE MAN OF BRONZE. I've never been able to make it through an entire viewing of this movie, which left me hoping that somebody will one day make a good Doc Savage flick. Still, with the '30's setting and the high adventure, it'll be nice to have around.

1 comment:

Karen from Mentor said...

Danny,
Thanks for the heads up on the WB shop.

Their filing system was MOST amusing. Under Mysteries I got TWO Thin Man movies (oh boy!) and a CHIPS!!!! (someone was drinking their lunch)

I'm going to have to poke around a bit. It was odd that there was ONE Greta Garbo, but TWELVE Queen Latifa. (I like Queen Latifa, but that ratio just seems WRONG.)

Karen
(P.S. I followed you home from Lee Goldberg's site) :)