Sunday, June 18, 2006

The 24-hour Day is So 20th Century

On his blog, Mark Evanier posted a story about Sav-On drugs, a Southern California institution, being bought by CVS Pharmacies. Officially, if not in name, they all became CVS Pharmacies a few days ago.

Our neighborhood Sav-On (at National and Sepulveda) is a 24-hour store -- one of the reasons I do business there. Recently, the store passed out a flyer touting the advantages of the store becoming a CVS pharmacy. One of the promised changes: "More Convenient Hours."

CVS has obviously found a way to fracture the space-time continuum, and offer more than 24 hours a day. If so, I'll be a customer for life.

Will they have surplus time on their hands? If so, can I buy some time? Can I save time, or do I have to invest my time?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Star Trek-like temporal anomalies perhaps? "Your drugs will be ready YESTERDAY... Guaranteed!!!" Or maybe they will outfit your car with a Flux Capacitor for free? (doesn't quite have the same effect as it would if you owned a silver DeLorean...)