Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Devil Cites Scripture to His Purpose

A couple of blog posts about religious zeal run amok:

My cousin Burl Barer lists some choice quotes from public figures illustrating the fine arts of intolerance, bigotry, and half-assedness.

Colleen Doran, meanwhile, posted two panels from a religious tract by Jack Chick in which Uncle Bob explains why "[T]he [Harry] Potter books open a doorway that will put untold millions of kids into hell." (Oddly, I've read the Harry Potter books, and I've never found references to Ouija boards or tarot cards. And the crystal balls usually don't work -- except as blunt objects bounced off heads.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack Chick cracks me up. Have you read "Dark Dungeons"? He really lays into D&D as a 'gateway to the occult'. Also, I think you would like this: it's 9 short films based on actual Chick Tracts over at www.316now.com. You will definitely get a laugh out of that. Keep blogging!